231Tune: Northern Michigan's Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build

4 posters

Go down

90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build Empty 90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build

Post by 1990micromachine Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Bought this car November 09. Was going out to my parents house and saw it sitting on the side of the road, stopped, long story short bought it. The guy wanted a grand but I talked him down to 700. Car ran and drove, zero rust. Rings were toast so it killed all insects within 500 ft of the car lol. Car was pretty straight other than it looked like the guy ran it into a group of gypsies at about 45. Here it is the day i brought it home.
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build B8c462fd
It sat around like this for the winter and come spring I decided to paint the hood black to hide some of the massive dents. I had a mini swap for it but because I was desperate to drive it, I traded the motor for another d15 that ran flawlessly. I bought some tires and refinished the set of wheels I bought with the car for 20 bucks and put them on. Little did I know at the time that they were actually rare wheels that the dealer had to special order for the car. Made me glad I spend that 20 bucks Very Happy .
Bought some Ebay sleeves and rocked it like this for quite a while. 90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build A53f5559
Last spring I pulled the motor to replace my worthless 4speed for a 5speed, which made soooooo much difference. I know I didn't have to pull the motor to do that but oh well lol.
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build A58c5b8b
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build 379148ff
Scored some old ass Eibach sleeves from Dalton and put those on. 90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build 8a9b3498
Then decided the retarded flowmaster muffler some idiot put on it finally had to go, so I took it over to 3 Mile Garage for a full custom exhaust. Very Happy First full exhaust out of the shop cheers 90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build Ceca7d17
Drove it like this for the summer til I bought my EM2, which came at the perfect time because the clutch has 1% life left lol. Car sat idle for a while due to moving and lack of garage. 1st of the year we moved again and I finally got a garage, so in she went to get torn apart and ready for a complete overhaul. Heres some progress over the winter, although its not nearly as much as planned...
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build D6d29afd90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build 37d45797
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build A881f7d3
90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build 567148c9
Found a couple holes in the floor that I need to patch so I can clean the carpet and reinstall the interior. Now just waiting to have time to pull the old motor and rebuild the ZC and drop it in. While the motor is out i plan to weld up some unneeded holes in the engine bay and refinish it. Just hard to save money when I have two Hondas I wanna put money into lol.
1990micromachine
1990micromachine

Back to top Go down

90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build Empty Re: 90 Hatch turbo DOHC ZC build

Post by Evan. Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Nice! bounce
Evan.
Evan.
Admin

https://231tune.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick. Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 am

yay another build thread!
haha i feel yah on the 2 honda thing, can be quite challenging.
Nick.
Nick.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1990micromachine Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 pm

so I'm saying screw it... buying a clutch and driving the car... motor swap later. i miss it
1990micromachine
1990micromachine

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsintrigue Mon May 28, 2012 12:14 am

not a bad looking little car
oldsintrigue
oldsintrigue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content